Peanut Coconut Energy Balls
Constantly running around between the gym, work, yoga, class, and a second job? Yup, pretty much sounds like our crazy lives! When constantly moving around from point A to point B and filling each and every day with absolutely everything you can, it's easy to burn out and not eat properly or get all of the necessary nutrients your body needs. But these little bites we discovered are not only extremely tasty but also full of essential macro and micro nutrients your body needs to function! Take a stab at this very simple recipe, and as always, feel free to manipulate it to suit your taste buds and dietary needs.
- 3/4 cup of all natural peanut butter
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup of hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon (or 1/4 cup) of chia seeds
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 table spoon of chocolate chips (dark, semi sweet - totally up to you!)
*Note we made a batch with 1 tablespoon of chia seeds and one with 1/4 cup. We personally like the tablespoon ratio but some of our taste testers like the 'chia heavy' option better! Try it out and let us know what you think.
- Mix all ingredients together
- Once completely mixed roll into small bites sized balls in your hands
- Enjoy! Can be eaten right away or refrigerated and enjoyed whenever!!