Fresh and Flavorful Fish Tacos
There is nothing we love more than mixing sweet and savory deliciousness, and this recipe is nothing short of that! Inspired by friends, changed over time, this is one that is open to interpretation and easy to make adjustments to, in order to suit your taste buds.
Ingredients (for 6 small tacos)
- 2-3 pieces of tilapia
- 2 teaspoon sof peprika
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 2 limes (or lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of red cabbage
- 6 mini corn (or flour) tortillas
Ingredients for optional tangy cream sauce:
- 1/3 cup of Mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon or less of mustard (just to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Marinate Tilapia in olive oil, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Pan fry fish (covered) on medium to medium-high heat. Occasionally flipping. Once starting to cook, the tilapia will begin to flake naturally, we like to help it out a bit using a spatula.
- Peel and dice both the mango and the avocado into small squares.
- Chop the red onion, cilantro, and red cabbage (cabbage optional).
- Combine mango, avocado, cilantro, and onion into a bowl, mixing with juiced limes, and a pinch of salt.
- Sauce: Combine 1/3 cup of mayonnaise, teaspoon or less of mustard, teaspoon of hot sauce, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, teaspoon of black pepper.
- Grease a pan with olive oil, on medium-high heat, add a pinch of salt and toast both sides of each tortilla
- And Voila! spread creamy sauce on the bottom of the tortilla, cabbage, fish, and top with mango salsa!