Roasted Veggies and Quinoa Curry
Tired of your boring weekly lunches, looking for a hot, delicious, HEALTHY comfort meal? If you have answered yes to either of these questions then we got you covered with this amazing quinoa and roasted veggies curry dish!
- Your choice of veggies, I like using the following:
- Brussel sprouts
- Red cabbage
- Red pepper
- Firm tofu
- Salt and pepper
- Olive or Coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Drain the firm tofu and pat dry. Cut up into bite sized cubes.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and place tofu cubes on the sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and paprika to taste
- Chop up your choice of vegetables and a clove of garlic. Toss in olive or cocnut oil with paprika and salt/pepper to taste. Place in casserole dish
- Bake the tofu and vegetables in oven for about 30 minutes, turning half way.
- At the half way point, start cooking your quinoa. Typically I bring 1 cup of quinoa and two cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine tofu, quinoa, and veggies into a large bowl.
- Hot curry paste
- Coconut milk
- Ginger root
- Finely chop cilantro, ginger, and garlic. I have a small food processor which comes in handy here!
- Saute ginger, cilantro, and garlic in a small pot over med heat. Add half a jar of curry paste and 1/3 cup of water.
- Once water begins to evaporate, reduce heat and stir in 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- Stirring occasionally for 15 minutes.
- Pour over veggies and quinoa and stir until completely covered.
- I then place into Tupperware containers for lunches at work, or you can enjoy it right away!