Healthy Coconut Shrimp
While Kaitlyn's away in Belize, I'm just sitting at home in wintery Toronto so I thought I'd do my best to bring some tropics home to me! I'm slightly obsessed with coconut these days and I've been meaning to make this forever. Inspired (and slightly jealous) by Kaitlyn's vacay pics, I realized I had all the ingredients at home already and whipped this up! It's super quick and easy, not to mention delicious and fresh. Enjoy!
- 1 pound large shrimp, deveined
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprkia
- Salt and pepper
- Sweet chili sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 425 F
- Beat eggs in a bowl, combine panko and coconut in another bowl, and combine flower and spices in a 3rd bowl.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- One at a time, dredge shrimp in flour, dip into eggs, cover in coconut mixture, pressing to coat.
- Evenly lay out shrimp on a oiled or sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake around 10 minutes, until coating looks crispy and insides are opaque.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce, and enjoy!